RS

Saturday, July 24, 2004

The Good Doctor

The “good doctor” is in the news again. His being in the news should not be a big thing, but it is because the “good” doctor generally is a very quiet person. So quiet that most people forget who the actual PM is.

Let me take my stand here. I am so tired of our PM (for my clarification Dr. Manmohan Singh) being referred to as "the good Doctor". Tired because I don’t understand the meaning of good in this context. Is he a good doctor because he is so quiet and unassuming? Or is it because he lets everybody else do the job he is supposed to.

So let us come to why he is in the news now. He is in the news because he was duped by the coalition and the inner voice for appointing tainted ministers. I thought that the “good” doctor was for once taking a stand when he said “The ministers will stay”. But apparently, he was only voicing the inner voice. And thereby he is still the “good” doctor and blameless.

Ohh, by the way, the "good" doctor has his hands so full with juggling the coalition that only the inner voice was heard announcing the funds for the victims of the fire from the Prime Ministers funds and nothing from the PM.

And the list goes on and on. So, tell me again why is he the “good” doctor? Is there something here that I do not understand or are 'we' all so taken in with the "good" doctor that we just fail to see what is so obvious?

He might be a "good" doctor but according to me, he is spineless. Take a stand, Sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home